Effective February 20, 2014
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
(1) HireQ Inc. (“HireQ”) is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by visitors to HireQ’s Website located at HireQ.com
(3) HireQ may periodically update this policy. HireQ’s Website Users will be notified regarding any significant changes by email correspondence to their primary email address or by placing a prominent notice on HireQ’s website.
2. What is Personal Information?
(1) “Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as a name, a company name, and address, an e-mail addresses, and also includes recorded feedback and comments.
(2) Personal information is collected by HireQ only when Website Users specifically and knowingly choose to provide it us such as when a user is approved as a user of the HireQ.com Website. HireQ may also receive personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided that such third parties confirm to us that they have obtained your company’s consent to the disclosure of its personal information.
(3) Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, your company name, address, telephone number and email address, is not considered personal information.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
(1) HireQ collects and uses personal information primarily for the purpose of providing you with the services available on Hireq.com.
(2) Your personal information is used to communicate with respect to your agreement to use HireQ, and to provide you with information related to HireQ’s other services.
(3) HireQ may also contact its Website users from time to time to conduct customer satisfaction surveys in an effort to continually improve our service offerings.
(4) Unless our Website Users specifically authorize us to release their personal information, or release is required or permitted by law, HireQ will not sell, lease or trade our client’s personal information to other third parties.
(5) Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by HireQ through our web sites may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected (through surveys, existing files and public archives) may be used by HireQ to analyze HireQ’s markets and to develop or enhance service offerings.
(6) HireQ will only ask for information regarding our Website Users that we need and will only ask for it when we need it. When we ask our Website Users for the information, we will provide an explanation as to why we need it and what we are going to do with it.
(7) We will seek our client’s prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, our Website Users can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about them. Our Website Users may also withdraw their consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about them at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, we will notify our Website Users accordingly.
(8) Our Website Users’ personal information will not be used for any other purpose without their consent.
(1) To enable us to more efficiently provide the services that our Website Users have requested from us, HireQ may share their personal information with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers. Such third party service providers are provided only with such information as is necessary in the circumstances. Information provided to third parties may be used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality.
(1) HireQ uses a browser feature called a cookie to maintain current session information. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web site. “Cookies” contain a unique identification number that identifies your browser, but not you, to our computers each time you visit one of our web sites.
(1) HireQ will try to ensure that information about its Website Users is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we ask that our Website Users please inform HireQ of any change of business name, address or any other information. In the event that our Website Users have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about them, we will provide our Website Users with access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed any inaccurate information about one of our Website Users to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
(1) If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your company’s personal information you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by clicking here Except in limited circumstances, as specifically provided by applicable privacy legislation, HireQ can tell you whether HireQ holds personal information about your company. HireQ can tell you the source of the information, allow you access to your company’s personal information and find an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
(2) HireQ will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If HireQ refuses access to you, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. HireQ will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
9. Questions or Concerns
(2) HireQ has procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about its handling of personal information. HireQ will describe the complaint procedures to anyone who makes inquiries or lodges complaints.
(3) If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Compliance Officer after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
10. Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices
(2) Identifying Purpose. HireQ will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by HireQ must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation as, for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
(4) Limiting Collection. HireQ shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
(5) Limiting Use; Disclosure and Retention. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(6) Accuracy. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards. Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness. HireQ shall make readily available to its customers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
(9) Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where HireQ is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual customer or employee. An individual customer or employee shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.
Should you have any questions please send them here.